1 bag of brussels sprouts, chopped into a mixture of quarters and halves
1 clove garlic, crushed
150g bacon lardons
229ml tub of double cream
1 tsp dijon mustard
50g grated cheese (white cheddar world well but any cheese will do)
a knob of butter
pepper to season
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Boil the brussels sprouts in boiling salted water for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat some butter and fry the bacon adding the garlic when the bacon has started to turn crisp and golden. Stir for another minute.
4. Add in the cream, mustard and black pepper to season (no need for salt as the bacon is usually salty). You can add in more mustard depending on your personal taste.
5. Once the mixture has started to bubble and thicken slightly, add the brussels sprouts and stir to combine.
6. Transfer to a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs and cheese, and bake at 180°C for approx 30 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender.