It’s coeliac awareness week this week, so I thought I’d include some delicious gluten free dessert recipes. I’ve used some Kallø rice crackers for some crunch, which are natural and full whole grains with no added MSG, artificial additives, flavours or colours. Gluten free desserts can be a tricky one so hopefully these will provide some new options and ideas for coeliacs!
Easy Avocado Ice-Cream (Serves 6)
3 large, ripe avocados
Zest 1/2 lime and 2 tbsp of juice
300ml thick coconut milk
175g unrefined cane sugar, or coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
Toasted coconut flakes, to serve
Kallø Belgian Dark Chocolate with Orange Rice Cake Thins, to serve
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone.
2. Scoop out the soft flesh and place into a food processor.
3. Add the lime zest and juice, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
4. Place the mixture into sealable tupperware and place in the freezer until solid (stirring twice during this time). Alternatively, churn in an ice-cream maker.
To serve: top with toasted coconut flakes and Kallø Belgian Dark Chocolate with Orange Rice Cake Thins for scooping.
Un-Forest Gateaux (serves 2)
2 Kallø Belgian Dark Chocolate with Orange Rice Cake Thins
1 tbsp thick coconut cream
2 tbsp cherry compote (or your favourite compote!)
a handful of mixed berries
1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
icing sugar to serve
1. Spread a layer of coconut cream on the Kallø Belgian Dark Chocolate with Orange Rice Cake Thins
2. Add some cherry compote and a scattering of berries
3. Finish with some toasted coconut flakes and a sprinkle of icing sugar
For more recipes like this, visit www.kallo.com