While I’m not a fan of “diets”, I do try my best (when I’m not eating out) to eat healthily. I was recently captivated by the “zoodler” and have since invested in such a contraption. I bought mine in Walgreen’s in the US but they seem to be widely available on the likes of Amazon etc. Anywho, I thought up this recipe over the weekend and it is absolutely delicious (if I do say so). It honestly takes no longer than 10 minutes to make from prep to the finished dish. As well as this, it’s pretty damn healthy and also low carb so it’s pretty good for many folk following the paleo/scd diet etc.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
1 clove garlic
1 inch ginger
100g cooked prawns
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1. In a cup or small bowl, mix the almond butter, oyster sauce, soy sauce and honey. Set aside.
2. Use your Zoodler or mandolin to spiralize your courgette and carrot.
3. Heat a pan to a high heat and add a tiny bit of oil (coconut or veg oil or whatever you have)
4. Add the spiralled courgette and carrot, prawns, garlic and ginger to the pan. Toss around for 2 mins.
5. Add the sauce and toss for a further 2-3 minutes,
6. Serve with half the lime and enjoy!