I’m not one for “celebrating” 4th of July but any occasion calls for a recipe and this is a tasty one! If you are on a diet LOOK AWAY NOW to avoid temptation! This dip is on the menu in almost any diner you’d visit in New York but I’ve never seen it on a menu in Ireland before.
It’s a great recipe for any party or occasion, and it’s super easy too. A definite crowd pleaser. We are all used to being given the usual dips- salsa, hummus, sour cream etc but this one will guarantee a bit more attention when it’s put on the table hot from the oven with the cheese bubbling away so why not try it this weekend! It’s also great used to stuff portobello mushrooms, a baked potato, or made into a toastie with even extra cheese. Did i mention I liked cheese?! This recipe serves 4-6 people.
- 150g frozen spinach
- 1 jar of artichokes, drained and chopped roughly
- 150g garlic and herb philadelphia
- 5 tbsp milk
- juice of half a lemon
- 40g parmesan
- 100g mozzerella
- a sprinkle of oregano or italian herb mix
- lots of pepper and some salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Boil spinach, drain and return to pot. Add all other ingredients (reserve most of the mozzarella for the top).
- Mix until well combined and put in a gratin dish. Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 20 mins until golden at 200 degrees C.
Enjoy served with pita bread or nachos… or a simple spoon!