Focusing on modern Irish cooking with traditional favourites, expertly crafted fare by head chef Gary Tilley ensures Bow Lane is one of the essential new dining destinations in Dublin. This dish is one of my personal favourites so I am delighted to share the recipe with you all!
200g white crab meat
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
75ml Crème Fraiche
200g Fine Polenta
350ml Infused Milk (1xBay leaf, 30g Onion, 2 Clove Garlic, Salt to Season)
600g Baked Sweet Potato, keeping the potato dry
100g Parmesan (keeping some to sprinkle over the sticks when finished cooking)
1. Check the crab meat to ensure there are no shells, add the crème fraiche, chopped basil, 1 lemon juice and zest then season, place in small ramekins to serve.
2. Bring your infused milk to the boil then add the parmesan and polenta and beat until it becomes smooth, then add your dried sweet potato and dry out once again, this can take 10 mins.
3. Once the mixture is dry place on a large lined tray and smooth out the mixture, refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
4. Take out the tray and cut into finger sized sticks.
5. Then shallow fry until golden brown and finish with grated parmesan and lemon and serve with the crab.