Movie night just got a whole lot better with this delicious popcorn recipe from Siúcra. Coconut and caramel make the perfect summer flavour combination and this tasty treat can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Why not pop your leftovers (if you have any!) in an airtight container for a low calorie snack on the go.
Popcorn kernels (enough to cover the bottom of the saucepan)
2 tbsp coconut oil
130g Siúcra Caster Sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a medium-large saucepan.
- Pour in popcorn kernels. Cover with a lid, shaking occasionally.
- Pop the kernels until it has finished popping and set aside.
- Pour honey, 1 tbsp coconut oil and Siúcra Caster Sugar into a small saucepan. Stir and boil for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add in bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix.
- Turn out the popcorn onto a sheet of baking parchment and leave to cool allowing the caramel to harden.