This recipe is probably one of my favourites in quite a while, the lamb has a delicious flavour and the combination of herbs and olives in the crust worked wonderfully. With only 141 calories per serving, this is also a very healthy meal option. An ideal recipe to cook up this weekend for Mother’s Day if you want to impress your Mammy! All of the ingredients listed are available from Marks and Spencer.
- 380g pack Rosemary Potatoes
- 25g sourdough pavé bread
- 25g Greek Olives with Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 330g French-trimmed rack of lamb
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g Boston beans or fine green beans
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens). Put the potatoes on a heated baking tray and bake.
- Put the bread, thyme, parsley and olives in a food processor and pulse to form rough crumbs. Season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the lamb. Cook over a high heat until browned all over, then transfer to a baking tray. Remove any excess oil with kitchen paper.
- Spread the mustard over the lamb and press the crumb mixture on top. Roast for 25 minutes. Transfer to a board and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, until just tender.
- Divide the potatoes and beans between 2 plates, then slice the lamb into cutlets to serve.
141 calories 9g fat (3.6g saturated) 8.3g carbohydrates 1.3g sugar 2g fibre 6g protein 0.45g salt