Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 salmon darnes, preferably wild
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
ginger, grated (as much as you like)
1 garlic clove crushed
1 large courgette
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
chili, coriander & lime to garnish
- Mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl to make the marinade
- Coat the salmon in the marinade and then cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes or up to 3 hours depending on how much time you have.
- Use a spiraliser or julienne to create noodles from the courgette and carrots.
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan. Fry the salmon for 3 minutes on each side, reserving the marinade in the bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan and add the courgette and carrot noodles. I don’t use oil for this as courgette contains a lot of water which creates steam. Mix in a splash of soy sauce or tamari for some extra flavour.
- When the salmon is just about done, add in the remaining marinade so that it begins to bubble and heat for a further 30 seconds to a minute, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
Serve with some chili, coriander and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
This recipe was created with Ballygowan. Don’t forget to stay hydrated over the Christmas period!