Anyone who follows me on Instagram will know that I am quite fond of a bit of indulgence! I’ve recently started back at the gym and I am trying to be “good” 70% of the time, because for me changing my diet completely just wouldn’t work. In an effort to cut my carbs, I’ve been eating a lot of courgette noodles, which I love. I’ve even managed to convince my boyfriend that they’re better than real pasta! This recipe is super quick and simple to make, and makes enough for 2 dinners and 2 lunches. Perfect for making ahead! You will need a spiraliser to make this, I bought mine in Walgreens in the US but they can also be purchased on Amazon.
400g turkey mince
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 carrot, diced
Handful of mushrooms
1 tsp paprika
1 chicken stock cube (in 50ml hot water)
Salt and pepper
2 large courgettes
1. In a pan, heat some oil and cook the onions, carrot and garlic for 5 mins until soft (but not brown).
2. Add the turkey mince and paprika and season. Stir until the turkey is almost cooked and add the mushrooms.
3. Add the passata, basil and chicken stock and simmer on a low heat for 10-15 mins.
4. Meanwhile, use a spiraliser to transform the courgettes into ‘courgetti’.
5. Heat a pan, add the courgetti and season. This will cook very quickly and will be ready in about 3 minutes.
6. Your meal is ready to serve!